Logo
Lybach Nguyen
Sky News Australia
US response to Putin using nuclear weapons would put us at the 'doorstep of World War III'

Story by Sky News Australia • 11:42 am - 22-5-2023

Curtin University political analyst Professor Joe Siracusa says America’s response to if Russian President Vladimir Putin used tactical nuclear weapons would “put us right at the doorstep of World War III”.

Professor Siracusa’s remarks come after the United States decided to allow the allies to supply F-16 fighter jets to Kyiv.

“I believe that President Putin is very seriously considering his options – one of them might be a tactical nuclear weapon,” he told Sky News Australia.

“I heard in Europe last week that what would be the American response if President Putin actually used tactical nuclear weapons.

“The word I heard was that the Pentagon has informed the Kremlin through backchannels that the United States would respond with a massive conventional attack on Crimea and the Russian Black Fleet, which would, of course, put us right at the doorstep of World War III.”

US response to Putin using nuclear weapons would put us at the 'doorstep of World War III'
© Provided by Sky News Australia
12 months ago

No replys yet!

It seems that this publication does not yet have any comments. In order to respond to this publication from Lybach Nguyen, click on at the bottom under it